Pros & Cons OF
Just like anything you buys, it is important to first weigh out the pros and cons of the object or material. The same principle should still apply when it comes time to epoxy flooring. While the benefits of an epoxy flooring will greatly outweigh the disadvantages, they are still worth being noted before you make this investment in your home or business facility.
PROS OF EPOXY FLOORING
There are many amazing benefits that come with the installation of epoxy flooring that traditional flooring just is not able to compete with. Below we have outlined a few of the best benefits that you can gain when you decide to install epoxy flooring:
- Epoxy flooring offers superior chemical resistance. You will not have to worry about your concrete slab absorbing any harmful toxins that will eventually be leaked out into your homes or facilities surrounding soils. This is because epoxy floorings seamless and solid top coat doesn’t allow any forms of moisture to pass through, isolating the chemical the top coat for easy disposal.
- Epoxy flooring can be customized in ways never thought possible in a flooring system. We offer various colors, multi-colored or single colored flakes and even metallic pigments for our metallic epoxy floors that replicate lava flow, paint splatter, and even waves. We even offer to design your flooring in a way that can make your industrial or commercial facility a safer work environment with the use of stencils to create barriers, walk paths and arrows to direct forklift traffic.
- Epoxy flooring is extremely durable so they can be used virtually anywhere. Our flooring is able to stand up to heavy vehicle traffic, an impact from objects, and even objects as heavy as an aircraft as epoxies are typically found in aircraft hangars. Not only is the coating strong, but it can also make your concrete slab stronger as well. Its proven that an epoxy coating can make your concrete slab up to 300 percent stronger and last on average 2-3 times longer than other traditional flooring!
CONS OF EPOXY FLOORING
Even though the pros of epoxy flooring are amazing, there are a few cons of having an epoxy flooring installed in your home or facility and we have outlined them below:
- Epoxy flooring is not the miracle cure to cracked concrete and cracks will begin to show after time in all of our flooring options, but they will be greatly delayed opposed to bare concrete. As my grandfather used to tell me, there are two types of concrete, concrete that is cracked and concrete that is going to crack. This is as certain as the sun rising every morning.
- When a surface that has moisture has not been prepared correctly before the application of epoxy flooring, it can cause some adherence issues. This happens the most in basements as they are typically humid and the concrete can become moist. This can cause your epoxy to delaminate from your flooring and cause serious problems for you and your home.